Mansoor Al Awar
Dr. Mansoor Al Awar
Chancellor of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University
Chairman of the Governing Board, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
Committees and Affiliations
- Honorary Visiting Fellow in Organization and Information Management, University of Bradford
- Member of International Academy for Quality (IQA) as Academician.
- Part-time professor in graduate studies at the University of Salford, United Kingdom, and supervises PhD dissertations.
- A Certified International Assessor for European Foundation of Total Quality Management (EFQM).
Awards and badges
Dr. Mansoor also received several awards, including,
- Golden Order of Merit, March 2013, on Arab World Good Governance from Tatweej Academy.
- ICT & KNOWLEDGE CEO Excellence Award 2011, by Middle East Excellence Awards Institute.
- Distinguished Government Employee Award, Dubai Government Excellence Program 2005. This Award was conferred by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
- Dubai Police Medal, the highest honor Dubai Police. Conferred by the Ruler of Dubai in November 2005
- Certificate of Creativity & Innovation by Dubai Police May 2002
- The founder of the first TQM Department (Total Quality Management Department at Dubai Police) when he was appointed as a Director, and held that position from 1998 till 2006. He was the first Director of quality in the public sector in the Emirate of Dubai and UAE.
- The founder of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University which was known as e-TQM College since its first inception in 2002 and then Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University in 2009.
- He has several initiatives at Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University, he was the first founder of the Excellence in Leadership Award in the Arab world in April 2005. The Award holds the name of (Feigenbaum) the Quality Management Scholar.
- Furthermore, he has established Joran Chair at HBMSU for the first time in the history of the region in 2004. It is also worth enough to mention that Dr. Mansoor has established the Virtual Executive Club in 2003 in addition to the Media Quality Award for the Arab World in 2004.
- The founder of the Emirates Business Women Award at Dubai Quality Group in 2002, and he was the first elected Chairman of Dubai Quality Group of the Government Sector in 2001.
- The founder of Public Opinion Survey Center in Dubai Police in 2001.