Dr SP Kochhar
Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar Retd
CEO of Telecom Sector Skill Council
Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar Retd, currently CEO of Telecom Sector Skill Council, was Signal Office-in-Chief of Indian Army, a member of the National Task Force for fast tracking Mobile manufacturing and the spectrum subcommittee. Having 42 years of experience in ICT sector, he uses Innovation, Technology, policy, regulation and strategy as basic tools for creating new and successful entities.
Key positions held
- Principal Advisor Electronic Systems Design and Manufacturing with Ministry of MSME.
- As Signal-Officer-in-Chief he conceptualized/implemented green field solutions in the field of Technology, Training, HCM.
- Advisor Information Security to a large private bank.
- Independent Director of three Public Sector Units.
- As Additional Director General Personnel Services of Indian Army, he formulated and implemented unprecedented hub and spoke empowerment model for retiring soldiers.
- Worked on GC and key positions of UPSC, CII, FICCI, AIMA, IETE etc.
- Member of the Governing Council of a University and National Accreditation Board, Member of Academic council of IGNOU and VIT.
- Fellow IETE , Fellow AIMA, Senior Member CSI and member IEEE
- He holds two MPhils, an M.Tech from IIT Delhi and a PhD.
- Member of JWG ESDM and Chair / member of various Governmental committees in the field of Electronic Warfare, Cyber Security, Spectrum related, and resolution of anomalies in Pay and Pension.
- Regulation and strategy
- Relationship management
- Managed Services and ICT systems and networks
- Project Management
- Skilling Ecosystem including Broadband and Mobile Networks
- Communication Electronics manufacturing, DTH & Broadcasting etc.